The MagScan 100 detects the magnetic field of a ferromagnetic object. It responds to the difference in magnetic fields. This provides a stronger signal at the edge of the pipe, valve or cover enabling the operator to mark the shape of the object located. When tracing a ferrous pipe, the covered valve can be located as an increase in signal strength.
- 100mm Cast Iron Pipes can be located at depths down to 1.8 meters.
- Iron Valves can be located at depths down to 2 meters.
- Valve covers can be located at depths down to 600mm.
- Hydrant Covers can be located at depths down to 800mm.
- Steel drums can be located at depths down to 3 meters.
- Being a Magnetic Locator the MAGSCAN 100 detects the changes in magnetic field, this enables the operator to mark the shape of the item located, ie a round Sewer Cover, rectangular tank, rectangular hydrant cover or the valve on a pipeline.
- Only detecting Ferrous metals prevents the operator wasting time chasing non-ferrous metals when they are looking for steel pipe, fittings, covers and valves.
- Is effective at much deeper depths than your standard metal detector. The magnetic locator is capable of locating large items like pipes and tanks at depths of 3 meters.
- When a target is located within the vicinity of an electric cable drawing current the tone changes to a “warble” to alert the operator of the below ground hazard prior to excavation.