Creation of a VPN to secure communications on the public Internet
Using the public internet for communications between S500 and S4 telemetry devices, the SCADA central station or the S4 ecosystem is increasingly widespread. The advantages offered by the internet (reduced cost, continuous operation, simplicity, etc.) are accompanied by risks related to cyberattacks. The security of SOFREL devices, as well as their data exchanges between each other (inter-site) or to the SCADA central station, are fully integrated into the SOFREL ecosystem. The SG4000 server has now become the cornerstone of cybersecurity in SOFREL telemetry networks.
The installation and ease of use of this application on a server of the SCADA central site enables the fast and
effective creation of a VPN network on the Public Internet (with 3G support).
This feature also enables optimisation of the operational and communication costs of the global system. The deployed Virtual Private Network (VPN) enables secured data exchange between the SOFREL Remote Terminal Units and the SCADA central site of the telemetry network. It houses the Field and Network applications of the client and ensures the routing of the IP communications.
- Interrogation of the Remote Terminal Unit
- Remote Terminal Unit alarm reporting to a SCADA Central Station
- Configuration and Operation of the Remote Terminal Unit
- Updating of Remote Terminal Unit users and configurations
- Remote Terminal Unit notifications to the Syslog Monitoring system
- Resolution of addresses by the DNS server
- Sending of emails from the Remote Terminal Unit to a message server